Lectricare over Deoxit products?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lectricare over Deoxit products?

What do you guys think of Lectricare products by Sound Synergies versus DeoxIT products by Caig Industries? They had a booth at a guitar show and claim (of course) that they are better than Caig. I just wondered if any of you have tried them. Thanks!

There have been lots of magic formulas offered from the 1970's to now. So far nothing seems to work as well as Caig's products based on old fashioned "Cramolin", so I'll stick with what I know works. Those who wish to experiment - good luck! Also, let's not forget the marketing department of any company - including Caig - promise to deliver all sorts of fabulous benefits & it's rare that they're correct. The best advice Caig ever gave, and no longer do although it's appropriate, "The less you use, the better it works."

Looking forward to seeing any reviews from MEFsters on Lectricare.
    This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

It may be "better" in some sense, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, but I suspect it is a nitpicking sort of better. About like gas is 2 cents cheaper 5 miles further down the road, so I'll drive down there because the deal is better.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I’ve been using Lectricare for 3 months now. What I didn’t realize is that you only need one Lectricare to do the job of 3 Craig products in a series to get the full benefits. I’ve also noticed it lasts much longer than caig.

I will buy it again

Comment

I might buy it if only because it has a better applicator than the current stupid Caig fire hose.
          It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Comment

I use small bottles of DeOxIt D100 to paint jacks, plugs, tube pins. I notice that after a few months, it begins to smell a bit off, like food grade oil that’s gone stale. Not rancid, just a little dusty smelling, compared with new. Anyone else notice?
            --
            I build and repair guitar amps
            http://amps.monkeymatic.com

Comment

Sorry to derail this a bit, but did any of you European members use Teslanol T6?

So far, I haven't had any problems with it; used it on sockets, switches, jacks, pots etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Rsr1985 View Post
                I’ve been using Lectricare for 3 months now. What I didn’t realize is that you only need one Lectricare to do the job of 3 Craig products in a series to get the full benefits. I’ve also noticed it lasts much longer than caig.

I will buy it again
                Seeing as it's your first post, in a thread more than a year old, convince me you're not a social media marketer for Lectricare.
                Originally posted by Enzo
                I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
                  Seeing as it's your first post, in a thread more than a year old, convince me you're not a social media marketer for Lectricare.
                  Dealer/Distributor Sign Up | Sound Synergies
                  Look at the user name here, then look at the name on the company webpage. Coincidence? You may have hit the nail. Doesn't really bother me though. If they never reply or quietly disappear without even giving us a discount code, that sucks. I may order some from Amplified parts just to try it.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	MMR-E-Blast-10-12-17-banner.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	848486

Comment

Nice detective work!
                    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by xtian View Post
                      I use small bottles of DeOxIt D100 to paint jacks, plugs, tube pins. I notice that after a few months, it begins to smell a bit off, like food grade oil that’s gone stale. Not rancid, just a little dusty smelling, compared with new. Anyone else notice?
                      I have noticed the odor (I think) you mention, starting a long time ago - early 1980's - with Cramolin Blue. And more recently with DeOxit F5 spray. One self appointed expert on Audio Asylum claimed these products are made from palm oil, but who really knows. So far they've managed to keep a lid on their secret formula and I've seen no reports from any independent lab that would explain what the various DeOxits and/or Cramolins are and how they work.
                      This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo_Gnardo View Post
                        I have noticed the odor (I think) you mention, starting a long time ago - early 1980's - with Cramolin Blue. And more recently with DeOxit F5 spray. One self appointed expert on Audio Asylum claimed these products are made from palm oil, but who really knows. So far they've managed to keep a lid on their secret formula and I've seen no reports from any independent lab that would explain what the various DeOxits and/or Cramolins are and how they work.
                        I know it’s apples and oranges... but the “secret” ingredient in WD40 is fish oil. It can go rancid.

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
                          I always look at blogs like this one before purchasing controversial products that may not work. I googled Lectricare last year to see if anyone had tried it in the tech world. I soon found out that no one had tried it. I talked with a guitar tech that works st guitar center and he uses Lectricare. Just wanted to go back and put my two cents. If was with the marketing dept I probably would spend my time in these blogs

Comment

Originally posted by Rsr1985 View Post

I will buy it again
                            What is the third Caig product you refer to? I use DeOxit Red and Gold although some people say the Gold isn't really required and it might even be better if you DIDN'T use it. Whatever. I use it all of the time on new pots to hopefully keep them working well longer. I have done no A/B tests so perhaps it does not help at all...

I liked the little DeOxit bottles with the brush but when they ran out I refilled them with liquified spray.

In any case most of us use the Caig products because a lot of the earlier contact cleaners would react with the various plastics in pots and switches. (I would assume that is not a problem with Lectricare.)

Steve A.
                            The Blue Guitar
                            www.blueguitar.org
                            Some recordings:
                            https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

Comment

D series- g series and s series are the three I mentioned above. Each one serves a certain purpose. One is for cleaning, one is for cleaning and lubricating and one is for preserving.

In my mind if you only use one of the three you may not be getting all the benefits that’s required to completely protect the area of application from oxidation, humidity ect.

As far as I could find with Lectricare, it will not react with any plastics except for styrene or styrofoam. It’s safe for all finishes and surfaces.

Comment

Working...
                              X