QSC 1400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QSC 1400

Just a quick question...Is the bottom panel removeable on this unit??There are a bunch of screws there but it won't slide off....Maybe it is made as part of the front panel but that don't make any sense......If there is a slpt at the bottom of the front panel, and this bottom cover is supposed to just slide out, then it is not happening....This unit is very old and was not taken care off at all....so I am thinking the panel might be seized in there...But I wanted to check here first before I apply brute force and break something....
    Cheers...

I have always worked on these by removing the top panel.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1400 top.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	841953

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
      I have always worked on these by removing the top panel.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39116[/ATTACH]
      Ok....How did you replace filter caps?? You must of removed everything from the front....All right then...I was hoping that there would be a quicker way to get to the trace side....Thanks for the reply....
      Cheers.
      P.S This one is so dirty I will have to wear some rubber gloves in order to clean it up so it can be sensibility worked on....

Comment

Yup.

The entire PCB must come out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
          Yup.

The entire PCB must come out.
          Ok. Thanks Jazz P.....
          Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by bsco View Post
            P.S This one is so dirty I will have to wear some rubber gloves in order to clean it up so it can be sensibility worked on....
            If it's real dirty you might have to wear a full body condom:

Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
              If it's real dirty you might have to wear a full body condom:

Well............ it did come from an establishment that........

Comment

say no more!

Comment

Slide off? I expect it to lift straight off like the top. perhaps it is stuck, like from dried drink spill or worse. If all the screws are out, get a screwdriver in there and see if it pops free. You can look at the construction and see if the bottom is part of the sides or not, it is either folded as a one piece or there is a seam and the bottom is separate.
                  Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                    Slide off? I expect it to lift straight off like the top. perhaps it is stuck, like from dried drink spill or worse. If all the screws are out, get a screwdriver in there and see if it pops free. You can look at the construction and see if the bottom is part of the sides or not, it is either folded as a one piece or there is a seam and the bottom is separate.
                    That's what I thought.....There are enough screws in the bottom panel where it should just lift off.....it looks as if it should slide out but maybe it is seized in place...I will have to take another look at it over the next couple of days as I have a couple of old Hammond organs to look at tomorrow.....Thanks for the reply....
                    Cheers

Comment

I may be having a senior moment, but I could swear it is just a plain flat rectangle of sheet steel, no sliding, latching or other secret handshakes. On the other hand, I encounter band gear all the time that has "stuck" surfaces.
                      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                        I may be having a senior moment, but I could swear it is just a plain flat rectangle of sheet steel, no sliding, latching or other secret handshakes. On the other hand, I encounter band gear all the time that has "stuck" surfaces.
                        I'll check it out and let you know.....It is free at the back and the sides.....It just appears to be stuck somehow at the front....or it is part of the front housing but that doesn't make much sense...then again you never know....I'll get back to you....
                        Cheers,
                        Bernie

Comment

Originally posted by bsco View Post
                          I'll check it out and let you know.....It is free at the back and the sides.....It just appears to be stuck somehow at the front....or it is part of the front housing but that doesn't make much sense...then again you never know....I'll get back to you....
                          Cheers,
                          Bernie
                          It's been a while since I've seen one, but some of them have a "J" shaped front edge that hooks over the bottom of the front panel. It will slide forward to release it.

Comment

If the bottom just pops off, then what are the transformer, heatsink, and main board bolted to?
                            Originally posted by Enzo
                            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Transformer bolted to side wall, look at photo.

I just don;t remember the board being bottom mounted, I seem to recall taking the bottom off and soldering components with the board mounted. I could be confused.

In any case, the bottom panel either has screws only around the perimeter, or it has more screws within the panel area for mounting stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X