Quad 34 power switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quad 34 power switch

I'm working on a Quad 34 pre amp, that connects to the quad 405 power amp with an IEC cable. When pressing the power button the power comes up but then goes off. But when you repeat the pressing of the power button it finally holds and stays on.
    My first inclination is to change it out, but I don't know what to put in it's place.
    Does anyone know of a place that sells something like the one in the picture?
    Or is there a way of cleaning it/repair it?
    Any idea?

Thanks
    pete
    Attached Files

Originally posted by pontiacpete View Post
    Or is there a way of cleaning it/repair it?
    Any idea?
    I think if you look inside the white part at the top of the switch there is a small wire latch. That is what holds the button actuator in and the releases it. If the lube gets gummy, the wire will not toggle freely enough to latch and unlatch. Try spraying a little cleaner into the slot where the wire sits and see if it frees up.

Comment

Some can be fixed by bending the piece of wire in the middle of the white bit, but that one looks to be recessed and thus in-accessable.

Contact the US distributor:

Name : MoFi Distribution
      Address : 1811 W. Bryn Mawr Avenue, Chicago, IL 60660
      Tel : 312-738-5025
      Email : sales@mofidistribution.com

Comment

Mount a "newer model" Valvestate switch upside down? PCB pins.

Seems to have the same rating but physically different.

Marshall power switch 900 New Valvestate Serie - Musical accesories

Comment

The distributor could help, the unit it too old. Anything older than 10yrs is too old. Oh well.

The thing about the switch is not only that it doesn't stay depressed, sometimes it does but the power still goes off.
          And then there are times it does stay depressed.

Comment

Here's something I can get here:

More Info Page

It's possible but has to line up to that rod that's about 3" long to the front on the chassis with the button on the end.

Comment

I seem to recall old computer towers with a very similar power switch. Computer re-cyclers would probably have a few different types.

Comment

Originally posted by oc disorder View Post
                Mount a "newer model" Valvestate switch upside down? PCB pins.

Seems to have the same rating but physically different.

Marshall power switch 900 New Valvestate Serie - Musical accesories
                So it looks like I have one of these switches. Now we'll see if I can mount it in upside down. There are connections to the pcb under the original switch, also.

Comment

Ended up installing the switch right side up by sneaking the wires underneath to the lugs and sandwiching them between the body and the board. Drilled 2 holes for the bracket and it lines up with the button. It's working fine now.
                  Thanks guys for all help with this!

pete
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X