Peavey Classic Chorus 212

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Classic Chorus 212

I have just aquired a Peavey amp and would like to know how to use the effects
    in and out plugs.I have a manual from online but it really does not explain the effects plug ins.Currently I plug my cable into the normal plug in,then plug into the pedal on one side and plug another cable into the pedal on the other side and into my guitar.Can the pedal be plugged into the effects plug ins?

Effect in & out plugs are generally used with line level effects like rack mounted units, although I guess some stop boxes will work too. Some of the more tech oriented guys here could give you hints about input impedance & things like that.

IMHO, time based effects work well in the effects loop because you can use your amp's preamp distortion, then send it through a delay or reverb, then back into the power section of the amp. So, you have distorted sounds, which get cleanly echoed, sort of like soundman applying delay to the sound of a miked amp. If you run a delay pedal into a distorted amp you get echoes that are distorted. Sometimes that's okay, but I prefer it the other way around: distortion before delay.

I don't think any OD or fuzz pedals would work too well in the FX loop.

Hope this helps,
    Steve

Comment

The effects loop is a break in the signal path through the amp, and it allows you to insert some effect unit within the flow of sound through the amp.

The send or out effects jack on the amp should be connected to the input of some effect. the output of the effect unit should be connected to the return or effect in jack of the amp.

Anything that sounds good TO YOU is fine, but generally we use gain producing effects like distortion pedals and overdrives in friont of the amp, just like you have been doing. Effects like chorus, reverb, delay, etc, usually sound best in the effects loop.

The effects loop jacks usually work at a higher signal level than the floor pedals do, so sometimes pedal effects like your tube screamer might not work out well for that reason. Rack effects usually have line level ins and outs and are very compatible with effects loops.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
      X