No announcement yet.

Generic answer to "blew a fuse" questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I slipped a rubber band around it and left it going when i left for the shop. We'll see how deep the apartment is when I get back home...

Mani Hope the bricks don;t dissolve, they build houses with them. Outdoor houses. Maybe they are like power tubes, you have to replace them every so often.

Living in the country, I had the ultimate water saver: I could just pee in the yard.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
      Living in the country, I had the ultimate water saver: I could just pee in the yard.
      +1
      I live in a neighborhood now and I still do that! It's all agoraphob's on my street. I smoke in my driveway because I don't like the smell of cigarettes in my house. So if there's no lit windows facing my driveway at night I just hang it and piss right in the storm drain. I pretty much know no one is going to walk by and we might get three cars driving by all night. I don't do it to save water though, I do it to save time. My wife is usually waiting for me to finish my smoke so we can get back to a movie or a game or something. If I had to take the time to smoke AND a proper bathroom piss she'd be grumpier about waiting
      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Way to piss on RG's thread.

That's some fine multitasking. Just don't get that cigarette too close to your......well, you know.
        "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
          ... if there's no lit windows facing my driveway at night I just hang it and piss right in the storm drain.
          You do understand that people can see out of an unlit window better than a lit window- right? One of these nights a police car is going to haul you away for indecent exposure.
          There are other reasons why men tend to pee into bushes or against trees- there is less of a chance that the wind will blow your urine back at you.

Steve Ahola
          The Blue Guitar
          www.blueguitar.org
          Some recordings:
          https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

Comment

Originally posted by Richard View Post
            I've heard some bricks can break down when they are constantly submerged so a brick is not the best idea. Glad your sink sprayer doesn't have the restrictor, how much water could you waste with one of those anyway.
            That can happen with your typical red brick... better to use something made from concrete. Or just put the red brick in a baggie.
            Fortunately most plumbing mfgs are cheap so they don't completely redesign faucets and sprayers but just add o-rings to restrict the flow... and who is to stop us from removing those o-rings???

Steve Ahola
            The Blue Guitar
            www.blueguitar.org
            Some recordings:

Comment

Originally posted by Steve A. View Post
              You do understand that people can see out of an unlit window better than a lit window- right? One of these nights a police car is going to haul you away for indecent exposure.
              There are other reasons why men tend to pee into bushes or against trees- there is less of a chance that the wind will blow your urine back at you.

Steve Ahola
              Yes, I'm aware that you can look out of a darkened room better than a lit room. But the NATURE of people isn't to do that inadvertently. Lights off SHOULD mean that no one is in the room. If they're peeping intentionally I'm glad to give them a show.

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve A. View Post
                That can happen with your typical red brick... better to use something made from concrete. Or just put the red brick in a baggie.
                Fortunately most plumbing mfgs are cheap so they don't completely redesign faucets and sprayers but just add o-rings to restrict the flow... and who is to stop us from removing those o-rings???

Steve Ahola
                I use to remove the restrictors when I lived in the bay area, Cali anytime water wasn't scarce. But as much as I dislike them I did reinstall them in times of drought and I use them now because fresh water (relative term in Coupeville) is always limited on Whidbey island. I bet I don't use seven gallons of water for a shower. Still... There's nothing like a long, hot, free flowing shower.

Water is a renewable resource (if treated correctly). If you're in an area with a reservoir supply and there's no drought, there's no waste. It all gets evaporated and rains back down the following year (ideally). If you're lucky enough to have those circumstances then I can get behind Enzo on this one. But DO use low flow toilets and restrictors if your area has a limited water supply. Here in Poopville a brown lawn is signal of fellowship. You'd be ostracized for watering yard plants.

Comment

Although I removed the flow restrictor from my kitchen faucet I am not using any more water. (The biggest waste is from waiting for the water to get hot in my 4-plex condo.)
                  I take the drought seriously and bathe only once a month whether I need it or not...

Steve
                  The Blue Guitar
                  www.blueguitar.org
                  Some recordings:

Comment

Four quarts into my pot is four quarts, regardless of how long it takes to fill.

In some places people save their gray water for lawn care. I guess that matters whether they collect sewer water for return to the source or if you have septic.

I know the lawn grass was a lot greener and lusher next to my truck, where I peed a lot.
                    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
                    X