• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And Q17 base still measures +34Vdc?

Comment

yes

Comment

I'm giving up on this amp for a while. It will go into very deep storage under my bench either to be parted out or dealt with at another time.
        The same issue I had with another one of these SS fenders, the frontman 212, also in deep storage, that even if I resorted to the the extreme of shotgunning all transistors and diodes it would be too difficult to source out these parts. These amps don't seem that old but where are the parts to be found?

So this is what happened, I had this idea to start pulling all the transistors one at a time to see if there was anything weird going on with them when measured out of circuit. The first ones I try are the SB1236 and Sd1853. When hooking up to one of those 'Peak' transistor testers a leg broke off. Maybe I gorilla handled it or it was on it way out and the source of the problem I''ll never know. Can't find the part. Perhaps there's a sub that i have but I'm not spending any more time on it.
        Thanks to everyone who chimed in on this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by pontiacpete View Post
          The first ones I try are the SB1236 and Sd1853.
          The actual numbers are 2SB1236 and 2SD1853. What did you search for?

I'm sure that there are other transistors that you can sub if these are unavailable.

Comment

yes those are the transistors and I searched for 2SB1236 and 2SD1853.
            Is there a sub you know of?

Comment

Working...
            X