Help Marshall vs65r

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, both sides of R9.
    Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

• so I'm giving 432mv

Get 3.265v r9 c5
      get 3.044v r9 r10

Comment

• You have a signal going into V1 but not coming out,so tte V1 stage is the problem. You should get the capacitor so we can do more testing. You can also inspect around V1 for bad solder joints or damaged components and so on.

Comment

• Question.What do we need the cap for why we need a cap to measure?

Comment

• Many meters will not read ACV correctly in the presence of a DC voltage. We need the cap to block the DC. If you like, you can try your meter and see if it works. Apply the signal generator and measure the ACV on either side of R20. One side should read close to zero the other should have something pretty big, say 100V.

Comment

• so I get 20v on one side and drunk reading on the other

Comment

• You need the cap to add in series with your meter lead to block the DC.

Comment

• ok So 10nf 630v right?

Comment

• Yes.

Comment

• Ok done hope next week to got it.Listen while waiting can you show me a picture or explain me how do use this cap with my meter

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	meter.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	844894

Comment

• thanks but this way I have to cut the probe or use some kind of extension right?

Comment

• Originally posted by AL78 View Post
                            thanks but this way I have to cut the probe or use some kind of extension right?
                            I just clip the red meter lead to one leg of the cap then use the other cap leg to probe the circuit under test.

What's the minimum AC voltage range called on your meter? If it's 200V AC then the meter probably won't work for this application even with a cap.

Comment

• I'm reading the manual but I'm not sure that's what you need.
                              400mv
                              4v
                              40v
                              400v
                              750v

Comment

• oh right using a clip is great thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X