• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

-15,99 v zd1 against sleeve input jack

Comment

Originally posted by AL78 View Post
      -15,99 v zd1 against sleeve input jack
      There is an open circuit between those two points assuming you are sure that you measured pin 4 and not a different one. If you used the picture of the chip I posted earlier then that will be fine. You can now try measuring pin 4 of IC1, pin 4 of IC3 and pin 11 of IC1 to see if we can narrow down where the open is.
      Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

pin4 1 v15,73
        pin 4 ic3 1,114v
        pin 11 ic1 v1,110

Comment

pin ic4 v15,73
          pin 4 ic3 1,114v
          pin 11 ic1 v1,110

IC4 pin 4 is good

You are going to have to look at the solder side of the board. Somewhere there is a break in the connection from ZD1 non stripe side to IC3 pin 4, C1 pin 11 and IC7 pin 4. My guess is a wire link is not soldered properly. You can clip one meter lead to the non-stripe end of ZD1 and then follow the connections from it until you find where the break is.

Comment

there is any way we can narrow down it?

Comment

there is any way we can narrow down it?
              Sorry, no. You'll just have to follow it through. It's not as hard as it sounds.

Comment

Ok I'll try thank you for everything I won't bother you again

Comment

You are more than welcome.

So, when will the apartment be ready?

Comment

The owner of this amp has tons of apt so if you promise to come here and fix the amp I'll put a good word lol thanks

Comment

HI I know I know I've promise not to bother.Listen I've continuity between zd1 no stripe and pin 4 ic3.But the reading is -8,77 v.and the same goes for zd1.As soon as I remove the connection I get -15v.What that could be?

Comment

What the resistance between ZD1 ( no strip end) and IC4 pin 3 in ohms?

Comment

I used continuity test.Listen I will be off for a couple of day at least.Do I need to do the resistance test with amp on or not?What do you think could be?It's very strange

Comment

Continuity test is only for crude measurements. That test cannot tell the difference between a dead short (zero ohms) and say 40 ohms. Yet that difference tells a big story.
                            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

What I Don't understand is why without connection beetwen zd1 and ic4 I read -15,5v on zd1 and when I get continuity zd1 also go down.

Comment

What I Don't understand is why without connection beetwen zd1 and ic4 I read -15,5v on zd1 and when I get continuity zd1 also go down.
                                I'm really not sure that I understand what you are saying. The amp should be off when doing continuity tests. The continuity is considered good if the resistance is less than 0.5 ohm or so.

Comment

Working...
                                X