Hot Rod Deluxe III - drive relay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Rod Deluxe III - drive relay

Hi, I've got this amp. The voltages check out and I can get LED indicator to go from off, to yellow, to red. However the nothing changes in the sound. Anyone know where I can order 1 relay? It's the K1 relay....I don't have a parts list....

Don't assume. use a volt meter and an ohm meter to TEST the relay contacts. Also check to see if the operating voltage appears and goes away across the coils.

K1A selects the clean volume control or the drive control for the dirt channel. When your lights change, which of those two controls affects the volume? It has to be one or the other unless the channels are shorted together. And whichever one it is, does it change to the other one when channels are switched? or does one control work the volume all the time?

K1B is the other half, it rolls off highs in dirt mode, and it enables the brightness switch in clean.

K2A/B select the extra gain stage for the two dirt channels. That includes the master volume control for dirt channels. Does that master volume ALWAYS work, or NEVER work? or does it come and go with channel switching?

if the LED does both red and yellow, then the relays must have coil continuity, because the LED current flows through the relay coils. If the LED ever shows green, something is wrong, usually the LED itself.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Got the new relay and it's working great. Also replaced the 100k plate resistors. They were discolored and looking burnt. All is well....

Comment

Working...
      X