peavey vypyr 30 iverheated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peavey vypyr 30 iverheated

i hqve a peavey vypyr 30 that overheat (i think cpu overheats) after humid entered and overheats in few minutes every time turn it on
    no rpair shops

is there away to fix it?

cleaners? heating with dry heat?

More investigation is needed. What happens when it overheats? Fuse blows? Relay snaps? Other?

How do you know something is getting hot? Smoke? Scorch marks? Touching?
    --
    I build and repair guitar amps
    http://amps.monkeymatic.com

Comment

i have checked the cpu pcb overheats no smoke the square overheat cpu i think after hot shower humid must have entered now overheats can turn on though nauseating i havr leave it for month hoping that wouldnt overheats all works freat except overheating problem

Comment

Some cpu's run very hot. Are you sure it is the only source of the heat, or is there anything else in there that is overheating.
        What do you mean by nauseating? You said there is no smoke.
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

its overheats csnt turn it on very long plastic smell

Comment

Is the processor socketed? Does it have a heatsink?

If you feel that high humidity has caused the problem, then perhaps a good cleaning of all of the metal contacts will help fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by vypyr30 View Post
              i hqve a peavey vypyr 30 that overheat (i think cpu overheats) after humid entered and overheats in few minutes every time turn it on
              no rpair shops

is there away to fix it?

cleaners? heating with dry heat?
              Can you please post a photograph with the part that is overheating clearly marked? Thanks.
              Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

It's more than likely the DSP board.

(I tried uploading a picture but the site is fighting me. Still)

This gent has a page dedicated to the Vypyr.
                Lots of gut shots.
                Some VIP 1 Under-the covers Pictures « Vypyr Software, Settings, And Tech Info « Glen?s Projects « The Colbert Homestead

Comment

I just want to be sure what part we are talking about. It clear that language is going to be an issue especially as my Greenlandic is a tad rusty

Hej hvordan går det 'Vyper30'?

Comment

analog dsp board overheats

Comment

There is no such thing as an 'analog DSP board'

Is it this board? :

Peavey_Vypyr_DSP_Schematics.pdf

If that is it then check the voltage on the power supplies "VD" and +30, +15, +5, + 3.3V and 1.2V.

Most probably, since the board has been overheated, is it damaged beyond repair and replacement might be the best option. But before you do, you should check these supplies.

Comment

Working...
                      X