No announcement yet.

Carvin KB1000 Keyboard Amp Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call Carvin, they have that board or they do not, might as well find out now.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
      Call Carvin, they have that board or they do not, might as well find out now.
      I will call Carvin Monday when they are open. I found the schematic at http://carvinimages.com/schematics/80-01230B.pdf The board part number is 30-01230B, I believe I have either the 1562 or TR1502 model.

I just tested the amp with one of my keyboards. Using the J3 input jack I am getting full range audio to both the woofers and horn.

Not sure how these crossovers work and why i am getting sound. Is it that the section that is blown is a protection section and the actual cross over section is somewhere else on the board?

Thank you

Comment

Or the missing parts make it inoperative as a crossover. That doesn;t mean it can't still pass sound.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Carvin tech support was very helpful and I ordered the components needed to rebuild that crossover board. All is working well now.

Comment

Working...
          X