Orange AD30R verb tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange AD30R verb tank

There is no indication on the schematic I found as to what the correct tank is. This tank is broken and it's a 9BC2C1B. Input 190ohms, output 4k. Just want to make sure I order the right one. Also, no one in the USA seems to have this tank for sale. Only in England on TAD's site. I subbed in a 9EB3C1B and, while it does work, the reverb is sorta weak. Odd because the input impedance is higher, 800ohms, and output is lower at 2.5k. I'd think if anything it'd be more verby.

Only schem I could find is AD30 not the AD30R. http://www.prowessamplifiers.com/sch...ain_board.html

The input is the drive end. If your circuit wanted a B input, then an E is way high. Imagine you have a 8 ohm amp output and stick a 600 ohm speaker on it? Like that. In all my years I have never seen an output other than B on a reverb pan. The reverb return in an amp is a high gain circuit, the impedance is not much of an issue. It will pick up whatever is there.

Try a 9BB2C1B Or 9BB3C1B. Pretty sure BB types are in the market, anad since this is wired IN a plate circuit directly, the insulated INPUT jack on the pan is CRITICAL.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

9 = Long (16 3/4") tank with three springs; B = 150 to 190 Ohms Z in; C = 10,000 to 12,000 Ohms Z 0ut; 2 = Medium Decay; C = Input ground floating, Output ground connected to the tank; 1 = No Lock; B = Horizontal mounting with the open side down.

BC you want to stick with. You can go with a 9BC or a 4BC (4 is Long tank with two springs), the rest are not critical save the grounding, which you can modify.

I could not find any 9BC or 4BC tanks either - guess you'll have to get it from Orange USA - their number is 404-three zero three-8196

Comment

Thanks guys.

Enzo, for some reason they left the reverb driver transformer out of the schematic....OR, the "R" version of the amp has one and this schematic is for a previous model.

Comment

The schematic you posted shows the drive circuit. They just didn't draw the transformer. Note in the plate circuit the red and blue reference at the transformer connections, then the black and green on the secondary side to connect to the pan? I see no reason to change from the B input, and as I said, in my opinion, a B output is close enough.

In fact, if you have an AB type aropund - as used on Fenders - try it, it will probably sound OK too.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I have a new 8BC21B. Three springs, correct specs but shorter. PM me if you're interested.
            Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

Not eenough letters, is that a 8BC2C1B

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                Not eenough letters, is that a 8BC2C1B
                Yes it is. I'm rather typographically challenged as it happens
                Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

Originally posted by lowell View Post
                  TAD is actually in Germany

Comment

Same thing... oh...america

Comment

Thanks Nickb I was ordering tubes anyway so threw a tank in the order. I got the 9BB2C1B. Ill report back on the sound.

Comment

Tubesandmore.com just emailed me saying they're now carrying the 9bc2c1b tanks... fyi for anyone that happens upon this thread.

Comment

Working...
                        X