Kustom Hustler...can i fix her?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kustom Hustler...can i fix her?

Im sorry if solid state amps are a no-no here but i would really love to fix my babie. I did something stupid off of a friends advice, i wanted a second output so my friend attempted to solder a piggy back output off of the main speaker 1/4" out. Now the amp doesn't work (emit sound) although oddly enough it sounds like the reverb springs for some reason can be heard through the speakers still. I de-soldered his "work" and still nothing. He says he "may have" tried the soldering while power was on. Now, im down an amp! Its a 69 (i believe) Kustom Hustler. I have some electronics experience and a multimeter and the general electronic tools. Help!

The first thing I'd try with no speakers connected is see if the output jacks are grounded where the speaker cord goes in. The sleeve of the jack should be grounded. There should be a slighly larger resistance between the tip and sleeve. I'm assuming those are can type output transistors known as TO-3 package so if they are shorted it is a good possibility that they are toasted. Can't see any reason why you couldn't fix this thing. I'll see if I can find a schemo on it.That's an old pup ! But they sound pretty dang good when running right for a SS er.
    KB

Comment

Yeah, we can fix anything.

I agree, make sure the speaker out jack is not grounded off.

What is the model NUMBER for that amp? Or what is the board number for the power amp. Number will be on the foil side of the board and have a format like PC5003
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
      X