No announcement yet.

'backwards' cliff style jack for Randall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only jack that I have found with 'reversed' leads: http://www.amprepairparts.com/j501s.jpg

Click image for larger version

Name:	j501s.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	844849

Found at: http://www.amprepairparts.com/jacks.htm

Comment

Thanks Jazz, like that but with pc mount pins and plastic nut. Appears that their J-504SL is what I'm looking for!
      Click image for larger version

Name:	j504sl.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	844852
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Well, I am glad that you caught that.

Because of the angle of the pic, I missed that one.

Comment

I had missed it too. I had a second look after seeing the one you posted.
          The ones in the Randall also had the 'extra tall legs' so this must be it.
          Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
            I just replaced both broken input jacks on a Randall RH50T. Didn't work.
            Went through everything and finally realized their jacks are reversed to standard cliff style.
            In this photo, the T,R, & S contacts are on the right side. On the Randall jacks they are on the left, and the switched contacts are on the right.
            I've never come across this before and it sure opens a can of worms. Does anyone know where to get these jacks? (opposite of as shown, leg length not critical)
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]42494[/ATTACH]
            Well dang.... I just found this post tonight. I was asking the same question. I guess this becomes an issue when you insert a plug into the jack and you now have open pins to contend with. Maybe this is adding to my problems with the Marshall series 2000.

I have a stereo jack that is a "Right Side" and will modify to create a Tip that will be normally open. All other jacks in the amp are right side too.

I will need to pay more attention to this in the future!!

Thanks for posting this G1 !!!
            It's not just an amp, it's an adventure!

Comment

I've encountered the same on an Ibanez amp, don't recall which model.
              FWIW when I was faced with this issue I disassembled the Cliff-style jacks and reassembled them in mirror image. Original Cliff Electronics UK brand put up quite a fight to this, but Neutrik/Rean and the CHK copies are easier to remove the contacts from, as are generic clones. This is part of why I prefer the original Cliffs, the contacts seem tougher/less likely to get bent out of shape by a bad jack or frustrated musician who's had a tip break off inside, and they seem less prone to corrosion than even the Neutrik clones. The plastics are also higher quality. Frustrating that they don't seem to have as many distributors as Neutrik.

Comment

Working...
              X