Crate Tx50D- No output on channel 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crate Tx50D- No output on channel 2

I was given a Crate Tx50D Limo amp that has some problems. The mic input and instrument channel 1 work just fine, but when I toggle the switch to use channel 2 I get no sound. It has the standard crackling issues and have read others suggest re-soldering everything which I'll do. Could the issue be with the toggle switch, or could something else be the problem to make everything but channel 2 work? Thanks everyone!

Welcome to the site.

Have you tried the Ch Sw with a footswitch?

If the Ch Sw circuit works there will be a voltage change at the gate of Q5 & Q7.
    (schematic / first page).

If no voltage change, then we will take it from there.

TX50D.zip

Comment

I have not tried that. I'll give it a try and let you know.

Comment

Crap. I had taken out the switch in question to see if my local electronics shop had the part (they didn't), and after soldering it back in and resoldering about 5 connections that looked like they had too little connection I am now getting no sound out of it at all! Even the channels that were working arent now. Hmmf. I plug everything back in and the power light comes on and I hear a little *pop* from the speaker when it turns on and off, but no sound out of anything. I might as well just give up and take it to a real amp repairman. Hmm. I doubt this little amp is worth it, and I was hoping to just turn around and sell it.

Comment

Working...
        X