Roland KC350

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland KC350

Hi, Ive just purchased a KC350 amp secondhand but sounds really bassy. I actually cant hear anything from the tweeter at all.
    Does that mean the tweeter has broken or is it something more sinister
    Thanks

Originally posted by blandk View Post
    Does that mean the tweeter has broken
    I'd count that as the prime suspect. With an ohm meter you could measure the resistance across the tweeter's terminals after removing at least one of them from wires carrying signal to it. Open circuit? Tweeter's shot. Also you could temporarily substitute any other tweeter or small speaker, if you get signal coming out of the substitute and none from your Roland tweeter then you know.

Sometimes a crossover cap fails, that would stop any signal from reaching the tweeter. I don't know what's in your Roland, but MI companies often use cheap non-polarized electrolytic caps. If it turns out the crossover cap is the problem consider replacing it with a better quality film capacitor. Parts express has a wide selection of these for very reasonable prices under their in-house "Dayton" brand.
    This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Um, if it is a piezo tweeter, it will not show continuity. I used to stock piezo tweeters though, they fail often enough.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
      X