Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Egnater Renegade 65 Low Volume Channel 1 (clean)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egnater Renegade 65 Low Volume Channel 1 (clean)

Hi guys.

A friend brought his Renegade 65 around for me to swap out the power valves and also pointed out that the clean channel seemed lower volume.

I tried the guitar into the loop and get a nice strong signal so I though it must be something in the preamp. Swapped out all of the valves with known good ones and the issue persisted.

To get any sound from channel 1 the gain ( this pot is really crackly) has to be maxed and the channel volume up full this produces a sound just louder than the guitar does acoustically.

However if the reverb for that channel is turned up the reverb functions as if the channel is working normally giving a loud reverberation that completely swamps the channel.

I have built amps from kits (basic knowledge of assembly) in the past and know how to work on an amp safely but this amp is rather daunting with wires out the whazoo and we all know that building is far easier than fault finding!

Does anyone have any pointers on where I should start or has anyone experienced this issue themselves?

Thanks in advance

Edit: Found a schematic in another post on this forum.

http://music-electronics-forum.com/a...desch-8-09.pdf
    Last edited by Toe-Knee; 04-01-2017, 08:11 PM.

no oscilloscope?
    reverb takes signal from the fx loop send,which is after the 2 channels master volume that join on the RL2 relay,i would check there if signal is present.
    Look at all plate resistor values and voltages.

Comment

Originally posted by alexradium View Post
      no oscilloscope?
      reverb takes signal from the fx loop send,which is after the 2 channels master volume that join on the RL2 relay,i would check there if signal is present.
      Look at all plate resistor values and voltages.

No scope unfortunately.

I got it sussed though it was the gain pot on the clean channel. Swapped it out and everythings running as it should.

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...
      X