Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 2-Channel Triple Rectifier

Hello:

Hoping someone maybe able to help me troubleshoot. I recently picked up a mesa triple rectifier, i have only been able to play it through my (crappy) marshall mg412 cab. Everything started off great but then i started to realize after an hour or so of playing the volume would all of a sudden drop, notes (especially bass side) got super flat, almost staticy sounding too. I turned it off, let it sit a bit and then it would go back to normal. This happened a few times but now it is just like that all the time. I changed all the tubes, cleaned it inside, nothing...it almost sounds like maybe the speaker is blown but that seems odd since it would go out and then come back ok after resting. I havent changed the fuse but would that be an issue if its powering up just fine?

Hmm....
    Is the 'bias switch' set to the correct installed tube type (EL34/ 6L6)?

Is the "Loop Switch' set to bypass?
    Run a jumper cable from FX Send to FX Return. (if the jack is dirty, the cable will bypass the switched portion of the jack).

What power mode are you running it at? Tube or Solid State?
    Try switching the mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
      Hmm....
      Is the 'bias switch' set to the correct installed tube type (EL34/ 6L6)?

Is the "Loop Switch' set to bypass?
      Run a jumper cable from FX Send to FX Return. (if the jack is dirty, the cable will bypass the switched portion of the jack).

What power mode are you running it at? Tube or Solid State?
      Try switching the mode.
      thanks for the suggestions! Although the bias switch was on the correct setting, I flipped the switch back and forth just to be sure. turned it on and it seemed to be ok so far. maybe there was something stuck. I didn't have much time to play as I had to go to work but I'll check it out later and see if that fixed it. thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X