Bedrock 1400 head tone stack not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bedrock 1400 head tone stack not working

It's been a really bad amp week for me this week. First my Mesa breaks down and now the tone stack is not responding on my old Bedrock 1400. Help!!!!

Did I stump the Amp Gurus of this forum? I know I'm stumped. I checked every component. Everything checked out fine. IDK

Comment

Schematic? Gut shots? Anything?

Justin
      "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
      "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
      "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

It isn't about the parts, it is about the circuit. A 10k resistor might be fine, but if one end does not make the connection to the rest of the circuit, it might as well be an open part. Dead tone stacks are often a missing link to ground at the bottom.

Responses are often better if you include or link to a schematic.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I cannot find a decent schematic. I found one for a later model with the pull clean(mine doesn't have that) but it's really blurry. I contacted one of former owners, who now owns Jetter pedals. He doesn't have one either. I'll post some gut shots.

Comment

Is it an FMV tonestack, and do any of the tone controls have any effect at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Redline View Post
              Did I stump the Amp Gurus of this forum? I know I'm stumped. I checked every component. Everything checked out fine. IDK
              The Bedrock 600 used a conventional Marshall style TMB tone stack. If the ground connection to the middle pot goes open then the whole thing will stop working.
              Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

If you can't find a schematic, it shouldn't be too difficult to sketch out the tone stack. Or, just download the Duncan tone stack calculator and take some screen shots. Tone stack circuits don't vary that much.
                "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

This should help a little. A bit blurry and no component values. It would great if you could annotate it with some values off what you have in front of you. The tone stack, though drawn a little differently is a Marshall style, as mentioned elsewhere.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bedrock 1400_2k.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	223.1 KB
ID:	845330
                  Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                    It isn't about the parts, it is about the circuit. A 10k resistor might be fine, but if one end does not make the connection to the rest of the circuit, it might as well be an open part. Dead tone stacks are often a missing link to ground at the bottom.

Responses are often better if you include or link to a schematic.
                    No schematics exist for this amp.

Comment

If you've lost the ground connection to the tonestack you should experience a large volume increase over what it was like before.

Comment

Working...
                      X