Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange OR80R Information?

Hello!
    A customer has brought me an amplifier that he would like put back stock - the only issue is that I haven't been able to find a diagram for this particular amp. Model designation is OR80R as labeled on the back of the chassis.
    Does anyone have a schematic at least for an amplifier of similar reverb circuitry? I've been notified the reverb in this has been modified into a boost circuit.
    Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7801.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	2.22 MB
ID:	871507

Name:	IMG_7802.JPG
Size:	2.13 MB
ID:	871508

Name:	IMG_7803.JPG
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	871509

Name:	IMG_7806.JPG
Size:	658.1 KB
ID:	871506

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	871510

Have you tried 'contacting' Orange Support?

I have found them to be very helpful in the past.

Comment

It seems many Orange MKii amps were very much similar in different models or something like that here read this...
      My Orange Diy page

There is the first schematic I am attaching (OR120 MKii post 1974) and look at the note that it says 80 watt identical with a couple of things omitted. So this one might prove to be useful. Also, I am attaching the OTR80 since it might actually very similar too, but beware it could be way off in places. Let us know if the OTR80 is at all similar and if you dig up the OR80R scheme then post it for all to see. Also there is this link here where a guy drew up the reverb section...
      Vintage Amps Bulletin Board ? View topic - OR80R combo with broken reverb
      Attached Files
      Last edited by DrGonz78; 04-13-2017, 05:38 AM.
      When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
        Have you tried 'contacting' Orange Support?

I have found them to be very helpful in the past.
        I did and they were kind enough to send some schematics along but none featured a similar enough reverb circuit.

Comment

Originally posted by DrGonz78 View Post
          It seems many Orange MKii amps were very much similar in different models or something like that here read this...
          My Orange Diy page

There is the first schematic I am attaching (OR120 MKii post 1974) and look at the note that it says 80 watt identical with a couple of things omitted. So this one might prove to be useful. Also, I am attaching the OTR80 since it might actually very similar too, but beware it could be way off in places. Let us know if the OTR80 is at all similar and if you dig up the OR80R scheme then post it for all to see. Also there is this link here where a guy drew up the reverb section...

Hey, this is fantastic! Thank you very much, that reverb circuit looks like the ticket. I'll post my findings on this amp and any differences that appear factory from the schematics here.
          It has the 4 output tube transformer with 2 output tubes omitted type of output section, a la Park 75.

Comment

Originally posted by DrGonz78 View Post
            My Orange Diy page

Interesting thing, the 3.9k grid load resistor on pin 7 of the 12AX7 is actually a 39k resistor in this amp and looks as if it could be original. Measures at 38k.
            When i get the circuit up and running I'll experiment with this and update the drawing of the reverb circuit and re-upload if it looks to be a mistake.
            Last edited by parentheticalfact; 04-18-2017, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Corrected Return Input Grid Resistor

Here is what was found as the input grid resistor for the return 12AX7. Note 39k to ground, whereas the original drawing indicated 3.9k. Hope this is helpful to someone in the future.

Name:	OR80Reverb2 (corrected return input grid version 1).jpg
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	845324

Comment

Dear Chazz
                I own an Orange OR80. At this Amp, for any reason the cables to the reverb module that is place in the rack were cut and isolated. I reconnected it but I don’t get a clean reverb. It sounds like you mentioned in this thread more like an overdrive or boost.
                I checked already the circuits. The reverb circuit looks like the schematic you shared including the 39k grid resistor.
                Could you share, how you solved the problem with your amp. What was changed to convert the reverb part in an overdrive or boost part. And how to change it back.
                Best regards,
                Dirk

Comment

Working...
                X