Fender Deluxe reverb RI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Deluxe reverb RI

I am about to pull my hair out, has to be something simple I'm overlooking, you can hear the power tranny hum lightly as normal, and the rectifier tube lights up, nothing else. Only my high voltage is present on rec tube and power tubes. Somebody has replaced R69 22ohm resistor and damaged the foil pad and had it jumped across C36. While testing the power tube resistors C36 exploded. So I am waiting for those parts to come in and hoping somebody can shed some light.

R69 & C36 are part of the bias supply.

If R69 was truly 'across' C36, then it was grounded & not going to the output tube grids.
    Keep in mind that it is a 'negative' supply, so C36 has to have the positive lead connected to ground.

65_Deluxe_Reverb_RI power supply.pdf

Fix er up & get it right.
    It'll work.

65_Deluxe_Reverb_RI.zip
    Last edited by Jazz P Bass; 04-17-2017, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Thanks for reply, I'll get back in on it tmrw and see. Why is the pilot lamp out as well?

Comment

Originally posted by pnut5150 View Post
        Thanks for reply, I'll get back in on it tmrw and see. Why is the pilot lamp out as well?
        Pilot is part of the filament circus. Something is disconnected in your filament supply, right out of the power transformer. The reissue amps have a filament fuse, perhaps it's failed. Either that or you have a very rare failure of the 6.3V winding of the power transformer. Bet you half a jellybean it's the fuse.
        This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Fuse reads good, but I'll replace it and see

Comment

Did the fuse read good in its clip, or did you actually pull the fuse and measure it out of circuit. In its clip, your meter sees the parallel low resistance path through the heaters adn the transformer, making an open fuse look OK.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Yes sir I pulled it

Comment

Have you checked the lamp itself?

Turn the amp on a see if you have 6.3Vac directly at the Grn/ Grn connectors.

Comment

Ummm well I really feel like an idiot now, but yes fuse was blown. I was 100% positive I pulled that fuse, but then when I sit back down at bench I had a fender acoustasonic apart as well and that's the amp I pulled fuses to check 🤐🤐, guess that's what I get for multi tasking, thanks for advice sorry for not giving the right answer the first time. Bad fuse .03cent headache!!

Comment

Heads up, Enzo can see you through your monitor.
                    It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Comment

Lol

Comment

Working...
                      X