Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danelectro Centurion 275 Low Power Out

Hello All,

I recently picked up a Vintage Danelectro Centurion 275 Amp at a flea market. I've been farting around with it and have found a few minor problems so far; replaced a tube socket pin, a bad output tube, bad solder joint on the vibrato/ reverb footswitch jack. Everything seems to be working properly now except for it's only putting out about 2 - 3 watts of audio power into the 8 ohm speaker. It uses a 6v6 push pull output, the B+ is like 335V, Dc current through the output tubes is around 35ma each. The signal driving the output tubes is around 20v P-P and looks clean on the scope with the volume cranked. I'm suspecting that this is low as I would expect some distortion coming from the preamp. Could this be why I only have a couple watts out? Any thought's would be appreciated. Thanks, Dave

If this is the one with the dual chassis, check the RCA that connects the two chassis together as mine had a high resistance. The amp would still produce sound but volume was really low. I checked it by jumpering the connections with gator clips and viola..full volume and tone.

Comment

Working...
    X