No announcement yet.

Marshall JMP-1 part #

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a metal pot, the anti-rotation lug is just a little flap of metal sticking up, if we don;t want it, we bend it flat. The J in your part number I think refers to the bump beside the shaft. Ever see a pot hole in a panel with a small hole beside it? That is for an anti-rotation post, the post sticks through the small hole, so even of the nut comes loose, the pot won;t rotate in the hole. If you don;t want it, snip it off with cutters or an Xacto blade. I see one on the Marshall part you show. It is just a plastic bump on the top.

The picture in the data sheet is just representative. The Marshall part lacks the metal cover, which you can snap off the two little barbs on the sides of the plastic body. If the anti-spin is in the way, cut it off. The Mouser part ought to work.
    http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...rVPeSPkPxos%3d
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

You are missing some subtleties of the data sheet.
      The data sheet does not show an actual picture of this particular variation of the pot. It does show mechanical drawings. It shows one picture of the many types represented in the data sheet.
      The anti-rotation lug is the little plastic nub that would fit in a chassis hole to prevent the pot from spinning in the faceplate of the chassis.
      Your link to the tubeampdoctor page confirms 100% that Bourns ECW1J-C36-CC0024L from mouser or elsewhere is the correct part.
      And the TAD does not include the harness, so it must just be the Bourns part.

Edit: I see Enzo posted same.
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

"Your link to the tubeampdoctor page confirms 100% that Bourns ECW1J-C36-CC0024L from mouser or elsewhere is the correct part."

OK, I'll order one up. Thank you.
        It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Comment

It's just an encoder. Don't pay 20E (+15E S&H) for something that costs 2E. TAD original replacement parts are a rip off and that's a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            It's just an encoder. Don't pay 20E (+15E S&H) for something that costs 2E. TAD original replacement parts are a rip off and that's a fact.
            I believe they were using TAD's website to confirm which mouser part to order.

nosaj
            soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Voodoo Amps sells the exact replacement here in the US for $49.95 + shipping. That's about twice what TAD is asking. I ordered the $5 part From Mouser.

Comment

For the record Marshall part # M-POTM-00005 is available from CED or tubesandmore.com special order for $18.60 + shipping. 4 - 8 weeks shipping. Contact sales@cedist.com.

Comment

Working...
                X