Crate CR-1R - which reverb tank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crate CR-1R - which reverb tank?

I picked up a Crate CR-1R that is missing its reverb tank. Can anyone tell me the specs for a replacement reverb tank?

I have attached a schematic I found online (see page one of the schematic). Thank you!

Crate_CR-1 Schematics.pdf

Warning: that page 1 schematic has LOTS OF ERRORS.
    Clearly itīs a very faded copy which somebody tried to correct/edit, but has no clue about Electronics.

That said, that reverb drive circuit requires a high impedance tank, 600 ohms input impedance woud be fine, definitely 300 ohms would be lowest acceptable.
    Search Accutronics data for such a tank, which fits inside your amp (which is not very large).

Doubt a full size tank will fit in, I guess old mounting screw holes (or bag staples) will give you a clue on that.
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
      Warning: that page 1 schematic has LOTS OF ERRORS.
      Clearly itīs a very faded copy which somebody tried to correct/edit, but has no clue about Electronics.

That said, that reverb drive circuit requires a high impedance tank, 600 ohms input impedance woud be fine, definitely 300 ohms would be lowest acceptable.
      Search Accutronics data for such a tank, which fits inside your amp (which is not very large).

Doubt a full size tank will fit in, I guess old mounting screw holes (or bag staples) will give you a clue on that.
      Thanks for the info and I want to confirm we are looking at the same page. Page two was very faded and barely legible, page one was very clear.

I will measure the clearance. From searching pictures, the original tank was mounted on the right side panel (looking at the rear of the amp) and was in a bag.

Comment

Working...
      X