PV2000 help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PV2000 help

I'm most likely overlooking something simple, but this amp has been a challenge. I posted before on this amp - but I now have a different problem. I finally restored power to this. The circuit breaker had totally blown, once that was replaced this week, I can at least have some power.
    I have replaced both SAC187's (one was open, but changed both for good measure) found a 2 of the O/P transistors blown, and have pulled and checked all drivers/outputs. I have checked all resistors, caps and transistors. R118 and R139 are not open.

I can bring the voltage up slowly until I reach approx. 93V with normal operation. Fan spins, power light is on, DDT lights off - unit shuts down at the 93V mark.

Thanks in advance -
    C

Got It

I found the problem with this amp. I thought my troubleshooting techniques needed some troubleshooting ... Nothing on that amp showed a bad part. I went through every board on the amp. Then it hit me. I had hired an assistant (for 6 days.....you'll see why). During the time this person was here, I found they essentially didn't know what they were doing. They only worked on 3 amps (thank God!) - but all 3 have had wiring issues since the 'repair'.

For this PV2K - they had the transformer wired incorrectly on one channel....thus the shutdown. Power is restored - amp is completed. (I'm still kicking myself for hiring an assistant.....)

Thanks all.
    C

Comment

Yeah, them Hoosiers is trouble...
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

LOL! It's all about that 'Hoosier Mama, Hoosier Daddy' thang.

Comment

Working...
        X