12ax7 pin # 6 output has no signal .why.please help🤓

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12ax7 pin # 6 output has no signal .why.please help🤓

The V1 12ax7 tube only has signal up to the pin 7 2Nd half of the tube,and then I get zero signal coming out of pin # 6.I am using a homemade probe into a different amplifier to trace the signal?the # 6 pin is what outputs the signal to the V2 12ax7 pin 2.I jumpered the signal from the pin one wire after the ceramic disc cap and before it gets to the pin 7 input of second half to the pin 6 output and I got the amp to work fabulous.love it.I need to know what is wrong .I tightened up the socket pin receptacles .when I got this amp it wasn't working .I am wondering if the 12ax7 is wired up right in a last ditch effort to get the amp working before the person threw it out in the garbage.That problem was el84 tubes wired to pin 1 .that works with old stock but not new .I read that you can connect the screens the grids and the plates of the tube and that will give more gain or something like that.My second half looks like it is wired in a loop .See where the resistor bridges the output of pin one on the terminal strip lug 1 to the first strip to lug 1 on the second terminal strip.that just loops the output right back in with the input number 7 pin.Should I rewire? it .Should I just jumper the wire?All the resistors are good .There is around 300 volts that is on the pin 6 side of the resistor the it jumps down to 60 volts after the resistor.That pin 6 side of the resistor has a wire to the positive side of the speaker output wire on the OT .see how that the the wire that feeds the V2 has 2 resistors and one goes to ground.Any help you can give me will be extremely appreciated .I have been reading , & experimenting like no tomorrow.
    Attached Files

We-need-a-schematic
    We donīt even know what amplifier are you talking about
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by Stevi q View Post
      The V1 12ax7 tube only has signal up to the pin 7 2Nd half of the tube,and then I get zero signal coming out of pin # 6.

I am using a homemade probe into a different amplifier to trace the signal. The # 6 pin is what outputs the signal to the V2 12ax7 pin 2. I jumpered the signal from the pin one wire after the ceramic disc cap and before it gets to the pin 7 input of second half to the pin 6 output and I got the amp to work fabulous. love it. I need to know what is wrong. I tightened up the socket pin receptacles.

When I got this amp it wasn't working. I am wondering if the 12ax7 is wired up right? A last ditch effort to get the amp working before the person threw it out in the garbage. The problem was el84 tubes wired to pin 1 . That works with old stock but not new. I read that you can connect the screens the grids and the plates of the tube and that will give more gain or something like that.

My second half looks like it is wired in a loop. See where the resistor bridges the output of pin one on the terminal strip lug 1 to the first strip to lug 1 on the second terminal strip? That just loops the output right back in with the input number 7 pin. Should I rewire it? Should I just jumper the wire? All the resistors are good. There is around 300 volts on the pin 6 side of the resistor and it jumps down to 60 volts after the resistor.

The pin 6 side of the resistor has a wire to the positive side of the speaker output wire on the OT .see how that the the wire that feeds the V2 has 2 resistors and one goes to ground.

Any help you can give me will be extremely appreciated. I have been reading & experimenting like no tomorrow.
      I hope you don't mind to much that I tidied up you post a little. It was quite hard to read. I still find it hard to follow as you don't specify the values of the resistors that you are talking about. I followed it up until "all the resistors are good" then I completely failed to understand what you were referring to.

Don't rewire anything.

Here is are partial schematic based on what I think I can see. Please measure and report the voltages on pin 6,7, & 8 of V1 of also the junction of the 180K and 390k (HT_SUPPLY).
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Mystery Amp.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	846471
      Last edited by nickb; 09-19-2017, 04:22 PM.
      Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

Working...
      X