Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acoustic 220 switching jacks

Hi guys,

first of all, big thanks to that guy that posted Acoustic amp schematics; if someone has a better quality Acoustic 220 power amp schematic, please post it, the one included is really blurry.

Anyway, I've decided to fix this amp once and for all. It had intermittent fault that I couldn't locate while (really casually) troubleshooting. The problem was intermittent sound and I've sourced it yesterday (while using preamp out to a Peavey power amp) to a broken volume pot pin (broke right off the pot tab).

I found it weird that both Acoustic power amp and preamp work on their own, but not together, so I've inserted a patch cable between the two and it works great now.

When I closely inspected the amp's Switchcraft switching (shorting) jacks I found out that NONE of the switching tabs make contact (and I don't mean that they've oxidized, they don't make physical contact AT ALL).

I find this super weird, almost like someone bent all the tabs so they don't make contact. Has anyone encountered anything like this before? Could this happen by itself over a long period of time?

Keep in mind that when I chucked it into storage a year ago, the only problem was intermittent sound, but it worked without a patch cable.
Working...
X