No announcement yet.

Speaker repair what is the proper glue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When the surrounds separated in the speakers in My Jeep (amp modules and speakers are of the same assy and expensive) I used Aleenes Fabric Glue. I got the suggestion from a speaker place some where, I forget who. It worked, and the little pointy end is good for getting under the flap if you need to.

https://www.createforless.com/Aleene...RoCsd4QAvD_BwE
    It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Comment

Originally posted by Randall View Post
      When the surrounds separated < snip >I used Aleenes Fabric Glue. I got the suggestion from a speaker place some where, I forget who. It worked, and the little pointy end is good for getting under the flap if you need to.
      Thanks for reminding me, I'd heard about Aleene's Fabric Glue somewheres or another too. Just looked it up, they presumably have it at Hobby Lobby. Of course it's more expensive, but I don't have to meet any minimum order nor pay postage. For $6.99 (ow, I know...) plus tax I'm gonna stop in, any day but Sunday of course, and give it a try. Thanx again Randall!
      This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

it'd be nice to see the MSDS. couldn't find it.
        "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

Working...
        X