• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonder how long it will be before we start seeing these in for repair

The rat tail distortion cable
    https://www.premierguitar.com/articl...le-and-v-cable

nosaj
    soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Think these things are wired point-to-point, or eyelet boards?
    --
    I build and repair guitar amps
    http://amps.monkeymatic.com

Comment

They said there's a miniature PCB inside...

Uustin
      "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
      "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
      "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Interesting idea. I did a web search but not much came up re: voltage. The guy mentioned "watch batteries". Does anybody know the required supply voltage? If six of them are not crammed in there (assuming each one is 1.5v), would less than 9v mean less headroom?

Comment

Doubt so.
          AS disposable as anything I ever saw.
          Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

While once again I didn't get to the NAMM show, I heard about this cable today at church, and will no doubt be seeing samples of the cable at CenterStaging this coming week or so. Curios myself to see what's been built inside that 'spaceless cavity in the Rt Angle phone plug. I'll pass along my findings (as will everyone else when they see it).
            Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

They came out with volume control cords geez, many years ago. I never saw one for repair. Someone came to me and asked if I could make one, and I told him to just buy a commercial one.
              Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Suggested list is about $60 US. They will probably have a 1 yr. warranty then you toss it if it breaks. Maybe they will sell the little board for half the price of a replacement or something.
                Originally posted by Enzo
                I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
                X