Epiphone EA-12 RVT Power Transformer Specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epiphone EA-12 RVT Power Transformer Specs

I know it's a very, very long shot, but has anyone ever actually measured the B+ secondary voltage in an Epiphone EA-12 RVT or a tube-rectified Gibson GA-30 RVT. The Gibson GA-40T also uses the same PT, TF-60-P. (The SS-rectified GA-30 RVT is a very different amp.)

I have a couple of different options for replacements, among them, Mercury and Classic Tone, and I'm working backwards from the schematic based on datasheet estimates of the output stage bias given 2 x 7591 in fixed bias.

Edit: To answer my own question for anyone for future reference, I finally noticed the small print on the GA-40T schematic that indicates the B+ secondary as being 700VAC (350 - 0 - 350). This matches the Classic Tone 40-18060 very closely, and I think it will fit the existing mounting holes.

Gibson is always an adventure. Cross-reference from the amp you have to the schematic for a different model that actually matches the amp you have, and then to another schematic to find the specs on the transformer.
    Last edited by Rhodesplyr; 03-17-2018, 07:08 PM.
Working...
X