Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Source for flexible molded 3-prong power cables??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got in some amps that need a 3 wire conversion. Blackface Showman, blackface Deluxe Reverb and a silverface Super Reverb. I bought some of the cords I mentioned above in post #7 and they ain't a gonna work. Problem is the strain relief is too small. Even enlarging it with a rat tail file, they're going to be too small. I've got a roll of 18-3 Carol SJOOW cable I'm going to try with plugs from Lowes.
    WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
    REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Have any of you tried the ones at MONOPRICE

A 14AWG (overkill IMHO) 10' cable is $4.88. These have worked fine and they are available in 14, 16, and 18ga up to 25 feet long.

Comment

Originally posted by Tone Meister View Post
        Have any of you tried the ones at MONOPRICE

A 14AWG (overkill IMHO) 10' cable is $4.88. These have worked fine and they are available in 14, 16, and 18ga up to 25 feet long.
        Monoprice continues to amaze me!
        Their price isn't so bad either. Of course I would wish they had a better wholesale qty price break! But even then their price really does seem fair. I think that I a even able to place an order on the phone and will call within an hour of placing it. They are that close to my location.
        Thanks Man!
        Phineus J. Whoopy, you are the greatest! May just get one more peek at that three dimensional blackboard please?

Comment

Working...
        X