Leslie preamp confussion? 9 pin to 11 pin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leslie preamp confussion? 9 pin to 11 pin

Greetings, I got a fine mess. I have a LESLIE 820 2speed, and Leslie combo floor preamp (chrome box) Mk III which uses an 11 pin hook up cord. PROBLEM:no high speed. So the owner dropped off a Leslie combo preamp Mk II which uses a 9pin hook up cord. Is there an adaptor to go from 11 pin to 9pin? He wants to use it for guitar. And I thought this would be easy???NOT! Anybody familiar with this set up? Help!

Originally posted by 1ampman View Post
    Greetings, I got a fine mess. I have a LESLIE 820 2speed, and Leslie combo floor preamp (chrome box) Mk III which uses an 11 pin hook up cord. PROBLEM:no high speed. So the owner dropped off a Leslie combo preamp Mk II which uses a 9pin hook up cord. Is there an adaptor to go from 11 pin to 9pin? He wants to use it for guitar. And I thought this would be easy???NOT! Anybody familiar with this set up? Help!
    First find out if the two speeds are working on the cabinet as it stands. Then check to see if the switches on the preamp are working correctly.

They do make an adapter, but they are pretty pricey. If you look at the schematic for the 820, it will show which pins are for the speed controls, inputs, etc.

Then look for the schematic of the preamp pedal and it will show you which pins are connected to the switches of the speed switches. There were 4 different preamp pedals made, 2 had 9 pins and 2 had 11 pins.

Between all of the above information, you should be able to get it to work. Search for Captain Foldback's site for the schematics.

Comment

Agree with above. You could go through all the adaptation and find out the problem is still in the cab.
      The III is the correct pedal for that unit, it shouldn't be any harder to get it going than to adapt to a different preamp.
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Thx for the replies...I'll dig deeper....stay tuned....

Comment

Working...
        X