Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cap job - ARS, F&T, LCR, affect on feel and tone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I could give more than 1 thumbs up for that post, I would.
    If it ain't broke I'll fix it until it is...
    I have just enough knowledge to be dangerous...

Comment

If anybody has a couple LCR 50/50/500 caps, I have four but I need two more for an old Marshall, I gladly buy them from you…

Comment

I need two more LCR 50/50/500 caps, to do one of my old Marshalls… if anyone has any lying around that they like to sell?🙏

Comment

Great tone can be had from any functioning tube amp, just ask me how I know. There's a high probability that I've gotten great guitar tone from amps that were fitted with just about every popular electrolytic cap out there, but I never checked to find out.

Most any modern cap will do its job more than adequately for a tube amp, I think. I use Richie, F&T, and the "generic" ones from CE Distribution, which I suspect are made for them by Richie. I'm a pro player with 40+ years under my belt and I have noticed no appreciable performance difference in any working cap that meets specs, except for the price.

Either you can jam, or you can't.

Comment

Hi Squarehead, welcome to the forum.

We have seen your request, and I am sure anyone who can help will have responded. it is not necessary to post the same request every day.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Oh my goodness, I apologize fellas… I just thought my post wasn’t being excepted so I kept trying it and I can’t not see my posts at all… I am on a lot of different forums is there a trick to this one? Again, I am so sorry about my multiple posts, which I can’t see…

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post

We have seen your request, and I am sure anyone who can help will have responded. it is not necessary to post the same request every day.
                I don't quite understand Enzo...
                I realize now that You say I have posted numerous times, the same thing LOLOL!!
                When I post, It doesn't show that it's posted...??
                Keith

Comment

No one is upset about it, sorry.

You are a brand new member, so your first few posts will be "moderated" to make sure your new account is not a spam bot or something. All moderated means is before it can go on the forum, one of the moderators will look at the post to look for anything suspicious. it isn't up to me, but I see nothing suspicious.

After a day or so, it will all settle into place and you can freely post and have it show up instantly.

And as to your need, I do not think I have any of those caps in my stock any longer.
                  Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post

???

Squarehead continues to have only the the thread starter as his first and only post.
                    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
                    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

All the rest say moderated post in the post # area.

Geez, it seems to be spreading, now my post says moderated instead of #16 or something.

Comment

You are seeing something we are not seeing.
                        Originally posted by Enzo
                        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

However, when I search his posts, it says 'Results 1 to 1 of 7' which is strange.
                          Originally posted by Enzo
                          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Attached Files
                            "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
                            You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Hah, I had forgotten I was still officially a moderator in this section. I figured out how to un-moderate his posts, I think they all appear now.

Comment

If you need a multi cap can then the JJ ones are fine.

Here is a 50/50 500V from various vendors around the world

https://www.tube-town.net/ttstore/Ca...fhdo2kb0e72r45
                                https://www.banzaimusic.com/JJ-50uF-x-50uF-500V.html
                                https://www.tubesandmore.com/product...f-electrolytic
                                https://www.thetubestore.com/jj-can-...50f-x-50f-500v
                                http://www.hotroxuk.com/jj-capacitors-caps.html

Comment

Working...
                                X