No announcement yet.

Question for my tubes testing buddies.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for my tubes testing buddies.

I've been using my TV2 to test my pre amps tubes and have done a bunch and aside from the few things that I fixed on the tester it is pretty accurate for transconductance. Now the question I have in of the 2 out of 100 that did something that I have no answer for. Most tubes after warm up seem to not take to long to reach there percent quality on the meter. The 2 I am talking about will test around 85% and the other tests 90% but it takes for ever to reach that. What is the deal with that? What is wrong with the tube to cause it to reach a ok/good level but take so long to reach it?

The tube is worn out and weak. the cathode is electron poor, so to speak, and it takes a long time for it to get hot enough to emit even the 90% you get.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
      The tube is worn out and weak. the cathode is electron poor, so to speak, and it takes a long time for it to get hot enough to emit even the 90% you get.
      Good deal man. I figured even though the reading was high that it was bad. Thanks for the info. I was just confused on this one. I was a brand new Tungsol and a JJ. The tungsol came from MF and were shipped in a bag with no padding.........

Comment

Working...
      X