Deoxit D5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by olddawg View Post
    Honestly..I just use the D5... sparingly. If there's an issue with the pot being too loose I put a felt pad behind the knob. We had a discussion about it a while back. I do it on guitars a lot. StewMac sells them cheap. Guitar pots tend to get cleaned more. I change guitar a lot quickly on stage. You want the pots to be where you left them if possible... especially if your drummer forgets you have a guitar change and starts an intro.. (f@@ker.. happens at least once a gig). The only time I take pots apart is to have the correct date code on the case or if it is unobtainable.
    See, now a felt pad is a nice solution and you don't even have to go into the chassis to try it. A few days ago we had a Fender Hot Rod Something-or-Other come in the shop. (I know. You're shocked, right?) Forgive me, we do so many of those that I don't even remember which iteration. The all blend together into one big "leaky filter cap/cracked solder joint/fix the pilot light/tighten the baffle board/replace the anode resistor/replace the screen resistor/check the +/- low V supply/cooked PCB/fix the traces" Amp to me. *exhale*
    But, that's neither here nor there. Point is, someone, sometime recently thought that it would be a good idea to fix the loose rotation by super gluing the bushings of the pots. They decided to just pass go, and jump right to "let try super glue. On the Nuts". I'm fairly certain that person has never seen a potentiometer before in their life. It was interesting trying to pull the board out to fix it.
    If I have a 50% chance of guessing the right answer, I guess wrong 80% of the time.

Comment

Working...
    X