Hartke HA3500 tube preamp farts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hartke HA3500 tube preamp farts

Hi, guys, it’s my first post here and the truth is that a problem with my amp brought me to this forum, looking for help.
    I have an old Hartke Ha3500 Transient Attack, made in Korea. The tube preamp section is acting strange and malfunctioning. When playing true either of passive or active inputs and the signal is with more lows or I hit the strings harder it farts. This is happening only with the tube chanel and there is no problem when I use the solid state one.
    I’m new to such a electronical repairs but still want to try and fix it. I’ve resoldered the preamp board and changed some of the electrolyte caps surrounding the tube but it didn’t help. Another problem is that I can’t find a proper scheme for this version. The schemes I found are different than mine. I have no access to oscilloscope and can’t measure the things properly. I saw lots of threads discussing problems with this amp and some folks who I believe are familiar with it.
    I will appreciate some advice.
    Thank you in advance!

P.S. I’ve changed the tube with working one.

Search my thread hartke 3500 , post #27 , g1 posted a schematic that might work for you. Sorry I can't get it to copy to post here
    If you don't know where your going any road'll take you there : George Harrison

Comment

This is the one shortcircuit mentioned, does it match?
      http://music-electronics-forum.com/a...1&d=1517533387
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Wow, that was fast! Thank you, guys! This is the right one! I can't believe it is the right scheme! I'm looking for this one from months! I asked the Hartke support but they've send me different ones, the ones that could be found easily all over the internet!
        Thank you!

Now the big question: where should I start from?
        Last edited by Boss; 09-05-2018, 02:50 AM.

Comment

You are more than likely going to need a scope.

Comment

Working...
          X