Hiwatt T20 R68, C61 and C60 values needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiwatt T20 R68, C61 and C60 values needed

Got a T20 in the project pile and R60, C61 and C60 either exploded or burnt to a crisp so I have no idea what their values are. Tried speaking to the local distributors about getting a schematic as I have relationships with a few of them, but they wouldn’t help out.

If anyone has one of these amps or a schematic they can glean the info from, that would be great. Just need the values of those three components so I can put it back together and start testing.

Here is a link to EL34 World where they had some insight on that amp.
    https://el34world.com/Forum/index.php?topic=13795.0

You'll have to piece it together but does it make sense that C60 and C61 are both some type of cathode bypass capacitors? Their redrawn schematics are without the component id and only show the part value. Then there are screen shots of the original that is obviously a picture on a computer monitor which makes it hard to see component id. Not seeing the R68 but it might be there...??? Maybe this will help I don't know.

Edit: Perhaps R68 is one of the 470 ohm Screen grids?? Tough to say. Or it could be from one of the 12au7 plate resistors on the phase inverter? Also is it R68 or R60 that burned up? You typed both values in your post.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DrGonz78; 09-24-2018, 08:37 PM.
    When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Looks like R60 is a 220k grid resistor on the input to the 12AU7 phase splitter. And C60/C61 are cathode bypass caps as drGonz78 indicated. C61 looks like a 220uF (could be 22uF), with C60 being a 2.2uF. Both are across a 22 ohm 7W cathode resistor on the output stage. It would be a 220uF, as 22uF yields a 329Hz corner frequency. Probably need at least a 50V or 63V rating to be safe.
      Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

Here you go.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X