Fender FM 100H Sound issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender FM 100H Sound issues

I am a keyboard player and I am currently using a Fender FM 100H guitar amp head and a Fender cabinet to amplify my sound. (This isn't ideal for me, but it is what I have to work with at the current time.) The issue I am having is that randomly as I play the sound will drop out. Sometimes the sound just reduces in volume, other times it reduces in volume and you can hear static when a note is played. The only remedy I have found that usually works is unplugging and re-plugging all guitar cords connected to my rig. (It is a different connection every time.) I know it has something to do with the head or the cabinet, since the rest of my rig is used during practice with my band and I have had zero issues running through the system we have in our practice room. Below is my set up any suggestions on diagnostics would be greatly appreciated.

Keyboards:

Casio CDP-130
    Roland Juno DS61

Mixer:

Mix 5 : 5 channel compact mixer

Everything is connected via guitar cords.

Thanks in advance!

On the front panel are preamp out and power amp in jacks next to each other. Plug a spare cord from preamp to power amp jacks. ANy help?

Or even, next time it happens, just poke a plug in and out of the power amp in jack a couple times to see if it wakes it up. In either case, the problem being a dirty cutout contact in the power amp jack.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Verify that your speaker cable connections are good. Simply unplugging instrument cables may be enough to disturb or effect a dodgy jack/plug connection. And, you are using a proper speaker cable , right?
      It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Comment

Working...
      X