No announcement yet.

Eden WTB 300V mute circuit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought about a cap, too. If I pull the input plug, R163 goes to 21 ohms. Plugging it back in, it takes about 10 or 15 seconds for it to settle down in a squirrelley fashion from about 87K to 83K, and I notice it sometimes jumps around about 1 v or so, until eventually it lands pretty solid on 83K, that looks like a cap to me. However, if I look at the gate voltages, Q3 goes to zero when I unplug the input, but it comes immediately to -10.7v and stays there when I plug back in, so tht looks like it's working with no cap failure. Plugging a dummy plug into the footswitch jack causes the gate at Q8 to go to zero and mute, and it also comes right back to -10.7v when removed, no hesitation.
    It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Comment

After several days of not failing, I am going to ask the customer if he is OK with disabling this mute circuit. Would removing Q3 and Q8 accomplish this without altering the amps performance. He doesn't have the footswitch that activates mute anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall View Post
        After several days of not failing, I am going to ask the customer if he is OK with disabling this mute circuit. Would removing Q3 and Q8 accomplish this without altering the amps performance. He doesn't have the footswitch that activates mute anyway.
        I just noticed the relay across the wiper of the Master Volume pot, which follows the two JFET's Q3 & Q8, and is after the Effects Return jack.. Any chance that relay RL2 is giving you grief? It would still be there if you remove Q3 & Q8. RL2 is controlled by the absence of a plug inserted into either of the Output Speaker jacks, via Q4.
        Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

"Any chance that relay RL2 is giving you grief? "

Nope, this amp has neither RLY2 nor the D6 across it, just the paint where would be.

Comment

Working...
          X