No announcement yet.

Acoustic 150 Low Volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1) Ok, before you edited it your post looked like cut/paste from "somewhere else", from "other user" and baffled Techs often come here after trying somewhere else, so ...

2) I see your amp does not have effects loop ..... which is THE most common cause for sudden volume loss, your complaint, thatīs why it was suggested.

OK, then you will have to measure some voltages which will lead you to the problematic area and there you will have the bad component.
    That is called "troubleshooting" and Acoustic gives you an *excellent* description and step by step guideline.
    General troubleshooting from pages 2 to 9.

3) first check DC voltages as suggested there.

Post any wild one (within 20% itīs fine) so we guess whatīs causing that.

4) IF DC voltages are fine but signal gets lost, it might be not a bad part but a connection problem.
    Anything from a bad wire to bad/cracked solder to broken track to dirty/poor/rusty connection.
    Then you must inject signal at the input and follow it until itīs lost.
    Manual shows expected normal values.

Post results and weīll interpret them.
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by nickb View Post
      That's quite a relief. I was going to suggest a trip to Walgeen's might be in order.

Reminds me of a local band here: The Four King Dwarves (seriously, it's true).
      Four King Dwarves and Burnin Loins, sounds like a good lineup!

Comment

Fahey, thanks for the tips. I will try to get to testing the voltages this weekend and report back with the results.

Comment

Oh, those are Acousticīs official tips.
          very well written, by the way.

In general *service manuals* are quite good, problem is that we hardly ever see them; usual data available online is just the raw schematics ... and often without voltaqges or even worse ... partly or mostly unreadable

Japanese service manuals are always excellent, not only with straight servicing but very detailed assembly/disassembly down to the tiniest parts and exploded views; as Enzo often says, WELL worth buying if available.

I mean buying the real thing from parent company, not paying 10 bucks to "schematics unlimited" or "music parts" for a poorly scanned unreadable schematic photocopy of a photocopy ..... although sometimes that's all's available.
          Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by guitman View Post
            I feel like an idiot, but I do not see anywhere to attach items. All i see is add link, email, insert image, and insert video. Insert image simply asks me for a URL. I see no button to attach images to the thread. What am I missing?
            I simply click on "insert image" to upload info.

Comment

Working...
            X