Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland Micro Cube Pots and schematic

Hi To all,
    Would anyone happen to know the value of the tone control pot on an original Roland Micro Cube amp? The pot is an little ALPS unit mounted on the PC board but not marked. Also does anyone know where to locate a schematic? They do not seem to be available. Thanks in Advance for any help!
    dad roadie

Did you remove the pot? ANy chance it is printed on the side hidden. Can the part be measured?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by dadroadie View Post
      Hi To all,
      Would anyone happen to know the value of the tone control pot on an original Roland Micro Cube amp? The pot is an little ALPS unit mounted on the PC board but not marked. Also does anyone know where to locate a schematic? They do not seem to be available. Thanks in Advance for any help!
      dad roadie
      Sadly Rolandīs answer when queried is:
      [QUOTE]Per my request for a Micro Cube schematic, Roland says:
      "Due to liability reasons and copyright protection, our corporate headquarters at Roland Japan distributes Service Manuals to authorized service centers only."[/QUOTE

As of Tone Potīs value, you may try to find it by the brute force method: remove original, solder 3 qires (you you donīt mess with PCB that much), solder a 100k pot at the other end and test it ... if it works, fine.

If not, try a 10k one.

One of them "should" at least provide some adjustment.

If enough, order proper sized pot in that value from a srtandard supplier.

Or first try asking for "Microcube Tone Pot" from Roland, specifying nothing else ... "they" should know
      JUst in case, remember to include amp serial number, half so they find the proper version, half so they know you are a real owner.
      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Thanks to everyone that replied,
        Unfortunately the wiper is broken. I had 3 pots that were pushed in when I got this used and was able to put 2 back together. As mentioned its an ALPS pot and the only writing is on the top. (see attached picture) I'm not sure if the other pots would be the same value since there is no schematic available. Again any help or suggestions would be appreciated!
        Regards
        dad roadieClick image for larger version

Name:	DSCF5001 (2)_NEW.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	873.6 KB
ID:	853542

Comment

Can't tell from the picture but if the 'legs' are still there, measure across the two outside ones.
          That will be the resistance of the control.
          Take the control apart. If the internal wafer is intact you can use an ohmmeter in an attempt to figure out the taper. (Log or Linear)

Comment

^^^^^^^^ and if that fails , jondoe had a similar thread back in Dec 18 , sounded like his still had all the pots intact , not sure if the models are the same but might be able to get your answer.
            If you don't know where your going any road'll take you there : George Harrison

Comment

thanks for the reply,
              It is a 3 tab pot but unfortunately the wiper is completely broken so I cant measure. I will check with jondoe and see if he might know.
              Thanks again.
              dad roadie

Comment

Originally posted by dadroadie View Post
                thanks for the reply,
                It is a 3 tab pot but unfortunately the wiper is completely broken so I cant measure. I will check with jondoe and see if he might know.
                Thanks again.
                dad roadie
                The wiper is the middle leg.
                It has no influence on the overall resistance of the wafer.

Comment

Looking at the numbers on the pot, I take it to be 103B. Standard pot resistance code.
                  Figuring out what will be the exact physical type (size, shaft type etc.) will be the trickier part.
                  Originally posted by Enzo
                  I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

https://www.alps.com/prod/info/E/HTM...K09L_list.html

Comment

That is a 10K linear pot I believe.
                      It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Comment

Definitely 10k pot. Buy it here... delivery will take a while. I replaced one of those pots in that amp years ago. In my case I just took the resistance wafer out of the broken pot and I had similar donor pots to repurpose it in. Those pots on this site look like the exact part.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/825560...tical-PC-Mount
                        When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

This seller is in the state of Washington : https://www.ebay.com/itm/9mm-ALPS-B1...-/283334467364

Comment

Sorry chaps, I've since sold the Microcube.

Comment

What happened to dadroadie?

Comment

Working...
                              X