Help me get this hellish blues Deville out of my shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nickb View Post
    To add to this, the correct transformer does not have a center tap on any winding. This makes me think you might have bought the wrong one. Can you provide a link to it?
    It's definitely the right one! its a classictone 40-18018 heres a link http://www.classictone.net/40-18018.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Steelwitch View Post
      It has one of those reactive load boxes that's connected to where the rest of the rectifier should be
      Huh? Sounds like you are familiar with something we are all scratching our heads over. How about some pics of this gizmo and its wires.
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by Steelwitch View Post
        It's definitely the right one! its a classictone 40-18018 heres a link http://www.classictone.net/40-18018.pdf
        That doesn't have a center tap on the HV winding. Yet you said above

I’m getting 120vAC on the primary side, and 170vAC on each side of the secondary B+, 25vAC on the low supply... so I guess the rectifier isn’t rectifying?
        Implying that the one you have does have a center tap. Did the one they send you correspond with the spec? If so what color is the wire you call the HV secondary center tap. There is still the issue of the bridge rectifier that has to be restored that keen eyed bill noticed.

I see the voltage winding does have a center tap that I had missed because of the unusual arrangement of the +/-16V supply.
        Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

I think that's a Weber bridge version coppercap in there. If it was working before, it's probably not the problem.
          Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
          X