Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now, WHERE did I put my bag full of Cliff phone jacks???!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's amazing how much stuff you accumulate.

When the owner of a rehearsal place we used passed away I helped clean out the place and got a ton of broken donor gear.
    This place had so much stuff in closets, attics, not to mention a couple recording studios and a dozen rehearsal rooms full of gear.

My lab is just packed with crap!
    Parts and parts and parts.....

Comment

Originally posted by drewl View Post
      It's amazing how much stuff you accumulate.

When the owner of a rehearsal place we used passed away I helped clean out the place and got a ton of broken donor gear.
      This place had so much stuff in closets, attics, not to mention a couple recording studios and a dozen rehearsal rooms full of gear.

My lab is just packed with crap!
      Parts and parts and parts.....
      I haven't planned that far ahead, expecting I'll work until I drop dead one day, or light myself up on the bench (heaven forbid). The thought of all the prep work to keep the State from taking it all just makes me tired all over. Two storage lockers full of tech library, test gear, photo lab, camera & lighting gear, woodworking shop tools/supplies/woodpile, more tool chests full of machinist & woodworking tools, all my music gear, benches, etc. My last relative in California has moved out to Colorado, so he won't get stuck with being the Executor unless I so name him in a yet-to-be written / filed Will

But, meanwhile, I found my bag of Cliff Jacks!! As I had suspected, it HAD slipped behind the Middle Resistor Cabinet, but was too thick to have passed behind the metal shelf and escape to the lands below. Whew! I didn't fancy having to go buy all those all over again in one shot. Now I CAN open up the Marshall JCM 800 that has a bad input jack tomorrow.
      Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

Originally posted by galaxiex View Post
        My semi organized work bench...

Tons of parts in stock... never the right one...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53529[/ATTACH]
        Where did you get all those boxes from? I really like how you arranged all your stuff. I'm always busy, and when I have 20 minutes off, I prefer to relax rather than organizing. Besides that, I moved 8 times over the last 5 years, and many times I didn't get enough to get my things out of boxes. Therefore, I was storing all the cliff phone jacks in my old college backpacks. Don't judge me, guys. This is the most comfortable way to transport them because loads have many pockets and don't take much space.

Comment

Originally posted by SirisEglis View Post

Where did you get all those boxes from? I really like how you arranged all your stuff. I'm always busy, and when I have 20 minutes off, I prefer to relax rather than organizing. Besides that, I moved 8 times over the last 5 years, and many times I didn't get enough to get my things out of boxes. Therefore, I was storing all the cliff phone jacks in my old college backpacks. Don't judge me, guys. This is the most comfortable way to transport them because loads have many pockets and don't take much space.
          I collected those parts cabinets years ago. They are from Canadian Tire.
          Of course I started with 1 and it grew from there.

They don't sell those exact type of parts cabinets anymore.... a crying shame...
          the "less expensive" (junk) cabinets they sell now are just that... junk crappy things.

You can get good ones... but you'll pay for them.

Those I bought years ago were VERY reasonably priced... else I wouldn't have bought them.
          If it ain't broke I'll fix it until it is...
          I have just enough knowledge to be dangerous...

Comment

Working...
          X