Please Help: Boss Katana Repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help: Boss Katana Repair

I was attempting to fix a broken headphone jack on my Boss Katana 50, but I haven't been successful. Here are the pictures of the input: https://imgur.com/a/A7bpGV3.

Any suggestions as to how I can fix this?

Thanks!

Looking at the bent up contacts, best solution is to simply replace the jack.
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Agree^^^

There is no adjusting that spring jack back to spec, invest a dollar into a new jack.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

What the hell bent the jacks like that!?! If that wasn't done on purpose (though I suspect it was.?.) then it would be a good idea to inspect the solder pads and traces on that little board too. Any external force that could fatigue a cliff jack like that could easily damage the PCB.
        "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
        You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

If I had to guess, I'd put it on the list of stepped on the cord. It looks like a chunk is missing from the bottom edge of the barrel. That shiny plastic is somewhat flexible. Step on a cord, it levers the contacts but the ferrule snapped out of the threads, but the rest of the jack survived, more or less.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Appears to be a Neutrik jack.
            NMJ6HCD2
            https://www.neutrik.com/en/product/nmj6hcd2

Comment

Working...
            X