Freakin Bugera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freakin Bugera

Ok , i found the problem with this Bugera 333 head . I can only find this scem =

file:///C:/Users/km/AppData/Local/Temp/Temp1_Bugera%20333%20xl.zip/(PSU6)%20Bugera%20333%20xl.pdf

There is a broken "cap" ? on the AC input pcb. This pcb has about 5 or 6 of these guys that sure look like a disc cap to me..........but the scem shows resistors in series ???

The part is labeled 20100

any ideas ?

heres a pic =
    Attached Files

It's a NTC thermistor- SCK20100.

Here's a link for information only. Buy it wherever you like.

http://www.vtsensor.com/productds/295.html
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

It is a thermistor, I have found many Bugera amps need those to be resoldered. They used several in series, Fender used one in amps like the Hot Rod DeVille. It is there as an inrush limiter. They offer a few ohms when cold, and as current flows through them they warm up and their resistance goes DOWN.

The ceramic coating is chipped, but is the part actually broken? Does it still show some low resistance? At least for testing, you could solder a wire across in place of this one and rely on only the other few. Does it work now?
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

it was a few cracked joints , but that parts body was cracked pretty good. It does measure 15 ohms . Could just be the joint? i guess i can stick er back in and see .

The amp power would randomly shut on and off . I found the above when i started chopsticking .

Comment

If that lead is still firmly attached to the part, you should be able to reuse it and solder it back in.
          "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

yep---i did and the amp is working good now .

Thanks dudes ------

Comment

Working...
            X