Help with Legend amp power section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Legend amp power section

I just picked up a Legend Super lead 50 with a problem in the power section. Need a source for a 2n3055h transistor, the one in there is Toshiba branded if that makes any difference. And I need a source for a RCA branded 40409. Any help would be most appreciated. It seems the 2n3055 is not going to be hard to find but the other one is eluding me.

I don't know offhand who has the 40409 right now, but DO NOT buy an NTE sub for it. The NTE part will have similar specs but no integral heatsink. It will burn right up. You need a real 40409 with the heat sink.

2N3055 was originally a 60v part which is not enough here. I think later ones were rated at 100V. The two 40 volt rails add up to 80v, so yuo really should use parts rated over 80V.

If I had a bad 2N3055 in there, I would simply replace both output transistors with a pair of MJ15003 or something.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

thanks for the tip on the 2n3055's. I'd seen the NTE 40409's and saw they had a plastic body and the ones in the amp are metal with the heatsinc. I'll keep searching.

Comment

Google "RCA 40409"
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
        X