What is this fuse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this fuse?

I need a mini 200mA 250v fuse. I have a couple labeled T200L 250v, is this the same? Obviously it's not 200 amps, so what else can it be? Have not had much luck with a google search.

Click image for larger version

Name:	003.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	379.5 KB
ID:	876582
    It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

What comes after the "L"? Is that a 2? What else?

Comment

I think you are right, 200mA slow.
      These guys don't show the number in the picture, but the description matches: https://www.yoycart.com/Product/38263066540/
      Of course they don't state what the number means.
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

T200L 250V

Comment

The other end usually has markings - which may identify it as a UL or an IEC compliant part. The T identifies a time-delay characteristic in IEC. The L may indicate a level of interrupt capability such as for circuits with no more than 35A prospective current - above 35A, the fuses are usually ceramic tube style.

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
            I think you are right, 200mA slow.
            These guys don't show the number in the picture, but the description matches: https://www.yoycart.com/Product/38263066540/
            Of course they don't state what the number means.
            I saw that one too (I did some poking around, one always thinks they have the superior *oogle fu ) I also saw a thread where this exact script on the fuse was inquired about and a responder was confident that it was a 200mA 250V slo fuse. Of course 'this guy' has no provenance so I didn't relay the info. But I'll bet it's a 200mA slo blo type. The "L" probably stands for long.
            "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
            You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

It's a short one 5x20 mm, so... no.

Comment

The L is low interrupt capability, like trobbins mentioned. There is only low and high. A fuse can only withstand so much even after it's blown. The H type could withstand a lot more before it explodes or does other nasty things.
                Originally posted by Enzo
                I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

I'm going to trust that it is a 200mA fuse, slo blo. It is on the B+ of a little Vox AC10C1 that had a shorted EL84. I replaced the tube and am using this fuse, and all seems to be well so far. The original fuse was also a time delay, so it looks like I'm good to go.

Comment

Schematic: http://dealers.korgusa.com/svcfiles/AC10C1_SManual.pdf

F1: FUSE 200MA 250V EU/UK/AUS/SKOR

Comment

That's good Jazz, we know what is specified, I am asking about the odd fuse I have on hand as a replacement. I think what I have is the right replacement. I THINK.

Comment

Your picture shows a T(ime lag or slow blow) 200mA L (low breaking capacity which means it is not suitable for Microwave Ovens and other such high current devices), 250volt standard glass fuse.
                        Answer to your question is your original fuse is a time lag or slow blow type of that specification, it will be fine.
                        Attached Files
                        Support for Fender, Laney, Marshall, Mesa, VOX and many more. https://jonsnell.co.uk
                        If you can't fix it, I probably can.

Comment

Working...
                        X