Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Repair bench test speaker... whatchu got?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve Conner View Post
    Well, if you work with tube amps, it's quite hard to actually roast a test speaker. It's not like solid-state gear where if you slip with one your test probes, you can put the full rail voltage across the speaker, and more or less shoot the flaming cone halfway across the room.
    A long, long time ago, I blew the woofer out of an expensive JBL studio monitor that way. I never made that mistake again.
    "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

Originally posted by Euthymia View Post
      A pair of high-power 12" (Eminence and Electro-Voice) in EV TL806 cabinets.
      For me its always been EVM-15L in a TL-606.

I might end up replacing it with a Tonker that I have lying around. I don't know what else to do with it.
      "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

Working...
      X