Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• impedance switch rating?

hello fellow amp geeks!
    replacing laney impedance switch. the stock switch is a mini on-on toggle rated for 15a 250VAC or 25a 125VAC. I cannot find this switch anywhere. anyone have any suggestions?

thanks!

This is as close as I could find

http://www.mouser.com/search/Refine....RefType=Header

Chuck
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

thanks Chuck,
      yeah i saw that one too... do you or anyone know if 20a at 125V is enough ampage rating to take speaker current?

lowell

Comment

100 watts into 4 ohms is 5 amps flowing. Your amp doesn't exceed 100 watts or put it into a lower impedance does it?

ANd remember too that switch contacts are rated more with switching those currents in mind rather than just carrying them. And you would not want to flip that switch while cranking 100 watts out anyway. Pick a nice sturdy switch, and it will be fine. 20 amps is way more than enough to handle 5A steady, especially since you won't be switching that current.

The voltage rating of the switch is not an issue.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
        X