Roland Space Echo RE 201 NO DELAY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland Space Echo RE 201 NO DELAY

I am trying to repair my space echo, i have checked most of the things suggested on other threads.

The problem is that the delay sound and intensity is very very vague even with intensity and delay volume on max. i recently changed the tape. i replaced it correctly with brown against the heads. The wiring of the heads are all fine too.

I was wondering about pinch rollers and demagnetization,,, am not sure if these things would affect the delay output signal. How do they affect the delay signal?

Built up magnetization tends to reduce the high freqs in the recorded signal. probably not your issue here.

Pinch rollers affect the motion of the tape. if the tape is moving freely along, then the roller is doing its job.

How about adjusting the bias oscillator and the related bias traps etc.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

If there's a problem with tape transport you'll hear it - the reverb note will not be a steady frequency. If the note is steady your rollers are ok.

Comment

there is still a steady reverb, so then i dont think the problem is the rollers....

i will look at the bias oscillators.... can u tell me what exactly they do, and what i should do to adjust them.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X